Monday 9 March 2015

i-D Magazine

1


I-D Magazine is one of my favourite magazines out there currently. For me they are a really great sours for fashion and beauty. I have seen some of the most creative and inspirational front covers and article photography from them. They are constantly pushing it when it comes to hair make up and styling and so for a me they push me towards wanting to be more creative.

You may or may not have noticed that for each front cover whoever is modelling will feature a wink as this is representative of there iconic logo. If not winking then one eye will be covered. This is a unique and quirky feel to magazine, I look forward to the different tactics they use in each issue cover to cover or create the wink effect. 

I-D magazine is a British magazine and was founded in 1980 by the former art director of Vogue Terry Jones. 

As a social message I-D magazine represents street culture, fashion, photography and beauty. They are a go to fashion fix for catwalk trends filtered down onto the streets with inspirational ways to wear whats hot! The photography in the magazine is really real and honest. As well as the articles which are down to earth and true. Reading them is like having a normal concentration there is no exaggeration or dramatic feel in comparison with some magazines. I really like this as for me this is more personal to read.



2



3

4



Bibliography 

1.Braverevolution.com, (2015). I-D magazine covers? | brave. [online] Available at: http://braverevolution.com/i-d-magazine-covers/ [Accessed 9 Mar. 2015].
2.Models.com, (2015). [online] Available at: http://models.com/oftheminute/archives/images/cover2bx.jpg [Accessed 9 Mar. 2015].
3.MODELS.com, (2015). I-D Pre-Fall 2012 Covers (i-D Magazine). [online] Available at: http://models.com/work/i-d-magazine-i-d-pre-fall-2012-covers [Accessed 9 Mar. 2015].
4.The Fashion Bomb Blog : Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show Reviews, (2012). Snapshot: Twigs by Matthew Stone for i-D Magazine #320. [online] Available at: http://fashionbombdaily.com/2012/08/08/snapshot-twigs-by-matthew-stone-for-i-d-magazine-320/ [Accessed 9 Mar. 2015].


No comments:

Post a Comment