Monday 9 March 2015

Creating a Bow with hair!


In todays hair work shop we made a quick fix hair bow starting from a a small piece of card. This is a great way to add shape and form to a hair style with really limited resources and very little time! 



To begin using a cereal box I cut out the shape of a bow and stapling it in the middle to create a 3 dimensional shape of a bow. Its important that the bow shape is 3 dimensional and not a flat piece of card so that the hair piece has volume and a depth shape. Its also important to make sure the staples are in securely for health and safety and also to give the shape strength as you will be securing and pulling the hair wefts around the bow shape. 

When I was happy with the shape of my bow I then used hair wefts that were mid length as this was all that was available. Placing the top of the weft in the middle of the bow and then securing it in place using a grip. I spent around 5 minutes wrapping the hair around the bow. As I was going along I really back combed the inner layer and smoothed the outer layer this is because there was not much hair available and I needed to ensure that the card was completely covered and out of site. The only way to do this was to really back home the hair very well. 
At first I spent time trying to get it as smooth as possible however this was very difficult because the hair was very short in some areas. I soon realised I would be able to cover this when I attached it to my models hair and disguised the weave using real hair. With more materials I would be able to make a really neat bow with a smooth finish. This would be essential if my model had short hair and this was going to be used as a attachment.


When I was finished making the bow I started attaching it to the hair first by gripping it onto the hair. I did this behind a high pony tail I placed on top of the hair so that I could use the hair from the pony tail to disguise the bow. If I had more time I would have liked to have incorporated an entire hair style however for the time I had remaining I decided to do a quick casual bow on the top of the head. 
After gripping I used the same method I used to cover the card board by back combing the hair from the pony tail and wrapping it around the bow making sure to smooth the outer layer.  Around the back I gripping the hair on some areas to the bow and disguised it with more hair for me it was really important to not have any of the grips on show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment