Tuesday 2 December 2014

The Alex Box

Alex Box1
I have decided to right about Alex Box she is a very inspiring artist whom I always follow she embraces the weird and wacky and is a wonderful example for many people. 

Alex Box is the creative director for Illamasqua. She grew up in Grimsby, Lincolnshire before moving to London to study Fine Art at Chelsea College of Art and Design.2  I think this is key to Alex Box style for me her work is more of an art form then just simply make up. She crosses the borders between art, history, science, crazy and the wacky. 

After studying fine art Alex box moved on to training in Make up Artistry. Since then she has worked with some of the biggest names. Working for designers such as Gareth Pugh, Karl Lagerfeld, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney and Chanel.3 Alex Box's work has also featured in Vogue, Stylist Magazine, Another Magazine and many more.4 Her celebrity clientele list is also endless having created beautiful make up for the likes of Lady Gaga, Azealia Banks,Kate Moss, Sienna Miller and Courtney Love.5 

As Creative Directer for Illamasqua Alex Box shapes the brands products. I follow her on Facebook and Twitter were she's regularly posting about up and coming products sharing with us the inspiration and meaning behind them. As a make up artist this is really helpful for me her product knowledge she shares with us helps to keep me up to date. 

One thing constant throughout Alex Box's Legacy is her outstanding ability to create texture in my opinion she creates texture in ways you would never think such as adding three dimensional bubbles, rough surfaces to the face, high areas of shine. For me this pushes her work into new boundaries were you can really describe it as an art form. Her colour scheme is not limited I feel as though I have seen every colour under the sun used by Alex Box and then some. To the point were I look at her work and think Wow that colour is amazing as though Ive never seen it before! She is a master at shade in some examples of her work she creates looks based on one colour such as the second one below. Still despite one colour being used they are more vibrant and powerful then some that use every colour in the rainbow.




 Alex finishes her website bio by quoting 'My Work has always been about embracing new formats and emerging technology.Through my marriage of art and Science there is an endless landscape of possibilities' This is something that I wish to take a piece of through my journey as an Artist Alex box works with a creative flow that has no boundaries always making a lasting long impact. Her looks are some of the ones that never leave my head when Im thinking about inspiration whilst working. In particular I wish to take on her bravery with the use of texture and incorporate it into my work. 









Bibliography







No comments:

Post a Comment