Wednesday 17 December 2014

My Recreation of Zac Possen SS15 Make up





For my final assessment I decided to recreate the make up and hair from Zac Possen's SS15 campaign. Heres how it went. 

I prepped my station with all the products I needed. I washed my hands and sanitised and then gowned my model bringing the chair up to the highest possible point so that I could stand in a comfortable position without bending over too much. My model had recently been ill and so had some really dry areas on her skin because of this I used a lot of moisturiser to prep the skin. This was also necessary because I wanted to create a really dewey look and that was not possible without using moisturiser first. To add to the bright and dewey look I also used Marks and Spencer's Illuminating Primer from the Autograph range. 

I applied Mac Studio Fix foundation to the face starting from the centre and working my way out wards. I used a flat blending brush to really work the make up into the skin. To perfect the skin I concealed dark areas using my pink toned Mac concealer. Once I had finished I powdered the centre of the face only to create a matt texture on the T zone area with a contrasting Dewey texture around the sides of the face. As I went on with the make up I did go back to the sides of the face to apply a little more foundation to add to the dewey texture that had toned down a little. 

I then went on with contouring the cheeks for which I used just a tiny amount of Mac bronzing powder. Originally this was not in my preparation however I added this because I felt the blush on its own did not define the face enough and on looking closer at the images I noticed that there was some contour that had been given to a majority of the models on the Zac Possen show. Once I had finished this I worked in the blusher onto the skin using Mac Blush Baby to highlight the cheeks. This made the look start to come together because the blusher is a key element to this look. 

I applied a goldy orange tone eye shadow to the eyes from MUA collection from super drug. It was the closest match I could find to the one used on the Zac Possen show. And actually the match was pretty perfect, I applied this to the eyes but I did not go over with Vaseline to add texture to the eyes until the end this was to avoid the crease lines appearing. I think this step should be done just before the model walks the cat walk so that it stays perfected. 

When It came to creating the lip I wanted to create a deep red but not one with a pink tone like the ones I had I needed to create one with a bold orange tone to it. To achieve this I filled in the lips with Mac lip pencil in Cherry red. This helped build texture to the lips. Over the top I combined Kryolan Orange greasepaint with a little Mac Ruby woo. This really made the perfect colour I was looking for an gave the lips a bold edge. I think working with the pencil over the entire lips and the lip colour over the top really helped to create a graphic and bright lip colour that stands out the way it does in the Zac Possen show. 

Most of the eyebrows in the show were pretty natural with some definition added. To achieve this look I set the eye brows using brow gel and applied eye shadow to the hairs coating them with colour to add some depth but not to change the shape or add any colour to the skin. I think this was very alike to my Visuals and was picked up on during my feedback which I was really pleased about. 

Overall I am really happy with the outcome, despite making some last minute changes I completed everything in time and was extremely happy and relieved with the outcome. 





No comments:

Post a Comment