Sunday 7 December 2014

B.Balenciaga Vogue November issue

Vogue November Issue 
Vogue November Issue



I really liked the fragrance campaign for B. Balenciaga with Anna Ewers. I really like the winged eye liner, it covers almost the entire lid of the eye giving her a really sultry look. The rest of the face is really clear and tonal with the rest of the photograph the editing has been done really effectively. Her eye brows are really defining without being filled in too much, they frame the frame really nicely. I think this make up look goes perfectly with a middle parting and slicked back hair. The thing about this campaign is the final image looks really different to the actual make up look in terms of texture. Its as if the editing has given the make up look a really matte texture however in real life the look was very illuminating and radiant with a moisturised plump and dewey look. 

If I was to re create this look I would use plenty of moisturiser on the skin to give a fresh and  healthy look. To replicate this foundation look I would use an illuminating moisturiser with good coverage. When looking at the final image of the campaign the make up coverage looks a lot lighter then to the behind the scenes photo that hasn't been edited. A foundation I would use to get this type of coverage would be Mac Studio Fix Foundation. I would use this because it gives lovely even coverage and without powdering can leave a dewy texture to the skin similar to the behind the scenes photo. If there was some blemishes that need to be covered I would use a concealer to cover them and also apply some pink concealer under the eyes to cover any darkness necessary. To finish the base I would powder the T zone area, the outer and centre areas of the face have a dewey texture where as the forehead looks as if it has been powdered this is so that there is not a shiny reflection bouncing of the forehead when it has been photographed. 

Anna Ewers looks like she has been gently contoured. Her face has a lovely oval shape in the final campaign image. I can also see this because the contour areas look as though they have been powdered. To get this effect I would very gently contour around the cheeks and the temple areas, using a colour that is not too dark and of a slightly cool tone. The colour used does not have a bronzy warm tone. The product I would use would be Mac Shaping Powder in Light Sweep this product is great for shaping the face also this particular shade is ideal for recreating this look. 

For the eyes I would create this winged eye with a liquid eyeliner being really careful to get symmetry in the shape. On the bottom lash line I would apply just a tiny bit of eye liner using a pencil. 

When I looked at the campaign I thought a matt lipstick was definitely used however after researching and finding a photograph of make up behind the scenes the lips actually have a strong shiny texture. 

To recreate the lips I would apply a nude colour first filling in the lips. They don't looked lined completely however I may apply a little linear to the cupids bow and the middle of the bottom lip to give some shape and definition. After filling in with a nude lip I would then create the shiny texture using a lip gloss on a lip brush using it sparingly so not to create too much focus on the lips but just to give a little texture. 



The hair would be very simple after blowdrying straight I would make a middle parting and brush either side back into a bun. To get this lovely smoothed down effect I would use a matt moulding gel or cream on the hair. Fudge Shaper is a really good product to use.





Bibliography 
http://ftape.com/media/?s=Steven+Klein
Vogue November 2014 




No comments:

Post a Comment