Thursday 20 November 2014

Catwalk Lips



Today we worked on creating a funky cat walk lip that ignored the natural lip lines giving a exaggerated cupids bow! I have uploaded two versions this as I wanted to improve my first lip. 

After sanitising hands, cleansing and moisturising the face I was ready to get going. Because we was creating a new shape to the lips, I began by blocking out the natural lip line. I used concealer to cover the top lip giving a nice even coverage whilst blocking out the natural curves and grooves on the lip, I also went ever so slightly up around the nose and chin just to cover some minor blemishes and create an even skin tone this was the only area that I was photographing. 
To colour the lips I used Black Track from Mac and for application I used a medium sized angle brush, this was really helpful to use to achieve this look because I used the angle brush as a measurement for getting both sides of the cupids bow symmetrical. 
After applying black track to the back of my hand I went in first by measuring the cupids bow with the brush applying thin lines to form the shape of the lips. I also used the angle brush to line the lips slightly to give me a guideline, for this look I did not use a lip pencil. The bottom lip was not altered the shape remained the same. 

I then filled in the lips with black track shaping them as symmetrical as possible. To finish the look I applied vaseline, The vaseline was placed on the lips using the same angle brush that had the black track on, initially I applied it using a unused brush however this started to move the black track that was on the lips around making it look patchy. So I decided to swap back to the brush I used to apply the black track this time using a much less minimal amount of vaseline so not to break the product down again! The vaseline was applied to the lips avoiding the edges to prevent the lip colour bleeding. This gave the lips a lovely shine to them.
Finished Lips 
Finished Lips 
When I finished the lips I wasn't happy with the cupids bow, as this was a catwalk lip the cupids bow was asked to be higher and pointer, when I looked at the lips I created I felt they needed to be far more drastic with a taller cupids bow. I have followed the natural lip line a little to much. Although they were a lot higher then my models natural lips they were not tall enough. 

Because I wasn't completely happy with my first catwalk lips I worked on another model after applying a bald cap in a theatrical session. I used the same technique this time focusing more on creating a suitable cupids bow keeping the brief in mind. I was really happy with how they worked out. What I did differently was to completely ignore the natural lip line and just go for it creating a drastic tall pointy cupids bow 















No comments:

Post a Comment