Monday 18 May 2015

Native influence on past Vogues and Catwalks| Further Development

1

During my research I spent a lot of time looking at how my theme has influenced Catwalk trends and Vogues in the past. I found that it has been a recurring theme and saw some really inspiring vintage images. Above are from vogues going as far back as the 60s with models such as Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton sporting native american inspired beauty looks. This has been a really useful source for me I particularly like the look worn by Twiggy. I love the use of the tanning and bronzing which gives the entire look a very native feel. 

2
3


This look is another I really love mainly because the strength of the blushed cheeks. It comes from Christian Cota's Fall 2011 collection. The campaign was inspired by High altitude Natives.
This is an element I want to incorporate into my final face design and I feel the strength in the cheeks helps to give off a very native feel. 

The hair for this campaign is also very relevant to hair inspiration I found in my previous post. A middle parting is a key element to native style. Looking at these last few extra campaigns has helped me to cement my hair idea. I will be creating a similar style incorporating a middle parting and a high fashion slicked down style. This will be my way of using traditional native american styles of hair whilst updating it for high fashion using a wet look gel to give the hair a modern shape and texture. 








Make up look inspired by Christian Cota's Fall 2011 look



I felt compelled by this beautiful look from Christian Cota and wanted to develop a look incorporating the blushed cheeks to give a high altitude native feel. In my mask making development I spent a lot of time mind mapping natives particularly those in America that live life in a high altitude environment amongst mountains, bears and cold cold weather. 
In the images I found as well as the inspiration from Christian Cota. Blushed cheeks are almost inherent amongst all of the natives I saw. I have decided to definitely incorporate this into my make up look alongside the brushed up brows to help me portray this part of the world in my make up. 

I will be putting this final idea into practise and developing it further in my next work shop. There will be a number of things to consider such as the type of products used for example I have written on my face chart that a cream foundation will need to be used in order to give the blush something to cling on to. 

I am really excited to put this look into practise as I think that it is perfect for my theme. 









Biblography 
1.Vogue.it, (2015). Native Americans - Vogue.it. [online] Available at: http://www.vogue.it/en/trends/yesterday-and-today/2011/03/native-americans [Accessed 18 May 2015].
2.Vogue.it, (2015). Native Americans - Vogue.it. [online] Available at: http://www.vogue.it/en/trends/yesterday-and-today/2011/03/native-americans [Accessed 18 May 2015].
3. Vogue.it, (2015). Native Americans - Vogue.it. [online] Available at: http://www.vogue.it/en/trends/yesterday-and-today/2011/03/native-americans [Accessed 18 May 2015].



No comments:

Post a Comment