Wednesday 20 May 2015

Evaluation of my HND Year 1 Studies

I have come to the end of my HND Year One Studies feeling really please with my self and my level of progress.
Make up Artistry has now become a full time part of my life and I have become constantly proactive through my day-to-day life over the subject. I have realised I have a passion for more then just ordinary make up but now a new scale of artistry including body painting, theatrical and even hair which I had the least knowledge of before starting.
I have achieved and changed a lot during year one HND studies for one thing I feel I have developed a new found confidence in my work and have learnt to be able to push my self to a creative level that I would not have stepped on before. This year of studying has helped me to become more daring with my work and encouraged me to be far more brave with what I am producing, I noticed this change as we entered into the second term particularly in my fashion lessons I felt a lot more eager to be creative and a lot more accepting of my mistakes. I feel now that I also find it a lot easier to identify my mistakes when I am working and can make more corrections on my own. This is due to a new level of understanding within make up artistry and hair styling. Before I would not always understand where or why something was not quite right with my work.
Another achievement is my newfound respect for time management. I was not aware of the level time that would be needed outside of college hours and this meant learning to manage my time successfully balancing college hours and work hours. Sometimes having to turn down work, social time in order to do the best possible with my HND. What was particularly hard was managing the workload from college against my work schedule, this year I now don’t commit to anything before checking my calendar, which has helped me to manage my working life with my HND college hours and homeworking hours. This is something I realised as we entered the second term enabling my time management to become a lot more organised and professional.
I have always loved working in a team environment and I have found this relatively easy to do this year with my class. I realised early on that I can not only learn from my teachers but also many of my students as we are all better in some things then others and have different level of experiences. This is something that has been valuable to me. I enjoy working with people and feel I have improved my people skills since starting my HND, I have seen proof of this with my face painting work as I feel a more confident people person and a more professional artist.
My independent learning this year has been very strong, I have learnt to enjoy the curriculum and I feel this helps with being able to achieve quality independent learning, in particular my blog, which I have really found a pleasure to write. My blog has even helped me to achieve my current freelance position at Charlotte Tilbury, managers there found my blog very impressive, it helped to show a level of enthusiasm for make up.
For next year I would like to improve the quality of my work, I feel I can sometimes tend to over think things when designing or making next year I want to improve on having a clearer structure on paper or in my head before committing to a project, being a perfectionist this can cause stress during the completion of a number of my projects because I look at alternatives to my ideas often.

To conclude overall I feel I have made extremely strong progress as a make up artist and have a much wider understanding with the skills I have learnt this year. I have a new found appreciation for time management and workload management, and now feel eager to learn more about make up artistry. Next year I would like to improve on my creativity levels and my planning and preparation to produce the best possible final make up looks and designing. I think this will help me to be more confident in what I produce as an artist. I also want to be even more proactive in my spare time with make up artistry as one thing I have learned is that practising makes perfect and identifies problems quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment