Tuesday 24 February 2015

90s Minimalist Make up - For upcoming shoot

I have looked at a number of trends for SS15 to help me finalise my ideas in designing the make up for a magazine. I have already decided to go with the increasingly popular Bantu knots for the hair however I have come up with a route I would like to take with the make up. Im going to spend a bit more time finalising why I have chosen what I have and why its going to compliment the hair. I know that I would definitely like to keep the make up as clean as possible because one thing I can immediately say about the make up for SS15 is that its very clean and fresh with most looks having one or two key elements about them. This is also key to the hair I am creating as I'm sticking to the 90s theme of SS15 I know already I want to create a 90s minimalist make up that is true to the style of the era!

To help me develop and decide on my make up design I have created a mood board so I can share my thought process!




Some of the looks in this collage that have inspired me come from SS15 shows such as Derek Lam SS15, Matthew Williamson SS15, 

I have spent so many hours analysing the make up for SS15 in all areas I feel like an expert I love everything so I found it really hard to be strict with myself and narrow it down to the look I am trying to perceive. Im portraying a 90s babe look with the hair so I really need to match this with the make up. When I think back to my child hood 90s make up including the art world was all about minimalism. Classic 90s make up is minimalistic and that is a key influence for SS15 there was so much choice to be influenced by because so much of SS15 make up is really clean fresh and simple. 

I have decided I am going to be creating a really clean skin with barley there foundation. My look is going to be all about the raw beauty of a women. The skin will be so fresh and moisturised. If I was going to be creating this for a group of models on a catwalk I would be thinking about stripping back there make up and only enhancing there best features. For this reason I would like to do a really subtle contour. My model has beautiful cheek bones I am going to enhance them slightly and keep the skin really fresh and subtly I think this is Iconic to the look of the 90s. For me the 90s is all about being who you are.




One of my biggest inspirations behind the look I will be creating is the make up from the Tata Naka SS15 campaign. I think this look is a really subtle appropriate look for a iconic 90s minimalist lady. This subtle brown tone is whats key to the era. Its used on the eyes and lips to give a minimal amount of depth and is used with a clean illuminated skin. 


In my next post I will be testing out some make up inspired by my mood boards. 




Bibliography 

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/22178/1/yadim-charts-this-seasons-iconic-make-up-looks [Accessed 20 Feb 2015]

Assets-prod.harpersbazaar.co.uk, (2015). [online] Available at: http://assets-prod.harpersbazaar.co.uk/beauty/shows-and-trends/Derek-Lam-bks-I-RS15-0314.jpg [Accessed 25 Feb. 2015].
Strandednyc.com, (2014). #StrandedBackstage | Wes Gordon SS15 The Return Of 90’s Minimalism | Stranded NYC. [online] Available at: http://www.strandednyc.com/wes-gordon-bumble-and-bumble-maybelline-essie/ [Accessed 25 Feb. 2015].



No comments:

Post a Comment